Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Love Post

1. Welcome to Texas. Glad you arrived. My sister told me that I must have brought this cooler weather with me. No complaints on my end. I think I would have died if the 110 degree weather persisted any longer. Happy day for perfect weather! Looove it!

2. I also love the feeling of being unpacked. No more storage unit! No more junk in the car! (I can actually take people with me in my car now!) I know where everything is as well.

3. Oh my gracious! Can they be any cuter?? Neice and nephews!

4. Sleep. I have been sleeping oh so good! The saying "I slept like a rock." Ya, that just doesn't cut it.

5. Reading is so nice!

6. I was reading a talk this morning and I wanted to share these thoughts:

"As we go through the rest of the days of our lives, now is the time for decision making. What am I going to do about it? What are you going to do about it? When tomorrow comes with challenges, opportunities, successes, joys, or disappointments, we must be ready to perform effectively when 'what shall we do then' becomes now.
 
We are all different. God in his wisdom has so created us. Only we can determine what we will do with what happens to us. What we do with what happens to us is more important than what happens to us. Certainly with God's help we can do what is right.
 
What shall we do then? Let us resolve to so live that the Lord can say to us, as he did to the Prophet Joseph Smith in some of his darkest, most trying hours: "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph" (D&C 121:7­8).
 
God lives. He is our Father. He knows us. He stands ready to help us. He has placed us here in life to see what we will do under all conditions and situations. It is a time of trial, tribulation, and testing. Often we would prefer to have "this cup pass" rather than go through the consequences. We must never lose sight of the fact that often success, popularity, and fame are more difficult to live with than uneventful calm or even tragedy. "Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered" (Hebrews 5:8) or the things he experienced.
 
We came into this life for experience, and that's all we can take out of it. Thank God we have the right to decide personally and individually what we shall do then. The future does belong to those who know what to do with it. Look forward to the unknown with optimism and confidence. Look to tomorrow with happy expectancy, realizing that with God's help you can do all things. You and your Heavenly Father can make right decisions together, and with his companionship, I promise you success."
 
Marvin J. Ashton was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when this devotional address
was given at Brigham Young University on 21 January 1975.


Answers come line upon line. It's a beautiful new day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful talk!!! thank you :) How are you doing? :) I love you and I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did bring the cool weather! We're feeling it here in Del Rio and i'm LOVING IT! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete