Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Finding Meaning in the Everyday

What turns the day into the night? Night into the day? What makes a man what he is? Who determines our greatness, our worth, our lives?

The cold has come, as steady as the earth finds herself, it has come. With this cold I find myself wishing for the warmth of summer that has so carefully found its way to somewhere else. I need to learn to enjoy what I have, the "cold" that I am given, and the experiences that I have, because the sun, oh the sun, it always comes out. It can be the dead of winter or the long easy going days of summer and I will always have my constant. The sun.

The hour is now late. The night has come upon this place and I, I am restless. My mind races with the thoughts of tomorrow, the going ons of today, and the happenings of yesterdays gone by. A friend told me that it is good to end a day by recording what we are thankful for from that day.

* I got hugs today. Much needed.
* I witnessed great love.
* My sun came out.
* My room is clean.
* I appreciate good health today. (My stomache has been hurting for hours.)
* My sister is pregnant!
* I have dear friends.
* I am loved.
* My candle made more than just me happy today.
* I am mindfull of so much.
* Music filled my soul today.
* I bought slippers.
* I planned out my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment